Spicy Stuffed Shells
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hr 35 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr 50 mins
|1 - 12oz pkg||Jumbo Shells, i usually cook about half the package - 20-24 shells|
|1 - lb||Ground Beef|
|½ - lb||Spicy Italian Sausage|
|½||Small Onion, diced|
|2 - cloves||Garlic, chopped|
|1 - tsp||Each: Oregano, black ground pepper, salt & worcestershire sauce|
|1 - 25.6oz jar||Pasta Sauce, i prefer prego|
|1 - 14.5oz can||Italian Stewed Tomatoes|
|2 - Tbsp||Tomato Paste|
|2||Pinches of Red Pepper Flakes|
|2 - cups||Mozzarella Cheese, shredded|
* In skillet, brown ground beef & Italian sausage until no longer pink.
* Before the meats are completely cooked,add onion, garlic, oregano, black pepper, salt and Worcestershire sauce.
* While meats are cooking, to a saucepan add: jarred tomato sauce, stewed Italian tomatoes (with liquid).
* Drain fat from meat mixture and add to saucepan containing pasta sauce and tomatoes. Stir to mix.
* Bring pot to simmer for about 15 mins. and add the tomato paste to thicken the sauce. Continue to simmer for about 20 mins.
* While simmering, add sliced mushrooms and red pepper flakes. Stir occasionally.
* While sauce is simmering, bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook jumbo shells for 15 mins.
* Pre-heat oven to 325-degrees
* Spoon enough sauce to cover the bottom of a casserole dish.
* Drain pasta shells and one by one, place into casserole dish and fill each shell with pasta mixture.
* Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
* Cover dish with foil and bake for about 15 mins. or when cheese has melted.
* Serve and enjoy!