- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 90 mins
|1 lb||Italian Sausage|
|¾ cup||Instant White Rice (i Use Uncle Ben's}|
|1 jar||Spaghetti Sauce|
|¼ – ½ cup||Water|
|1× 8 oz can||or Jar of Mushrooms, chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Dry Parsley|
|4||Large Green Peppers|
|¼ cup||Parmesan Cheese|
|½ cup||Mozzarella Cheese|
1. Brown the sausage and drain.
2. Add rice, sauce, water, mushrooms, and parsley and simmer until rice is almost done. If mixture is dry, add a little more water. It always depends on how thick the spaghetti sauce is. The rice drinks up the liquid.
3. Remove from heat and let cool.
4. Wash and cut green peppers in half, length wise. Put cut side up on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish, lightly oiled.
5. Stir in Parmesan cheese with meat mixture.
6. Fill peppers with meat.
7. Bake in 325 degree oven for 40 minutes.
8. Top each pepper with mozzarella cheese and bake 10 minute more until cheese on top melts and browns lightly.
9. Remove and cool slightly before serving.
You just have to watch the meat mixture while it is cooking to make sure that the rice has enough liquid. Don't make it too sloppy either. You can also cut the tops off of the peppers and stuff the whole peppers. Just bake them a little longer. Or try these in the crock pot for about 4 hours on High.