- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 40
|1||Large Eggplant, peeled, sliced ⅛" thick|
|1 cup||Frying Oil|
|1 cup||Seasoned Bread Crumbs|
|Salt & Pepper, to taste|
|¼ cup||Grated Cheese|
|1 cup||Cooked Spinach, drained|
|1||Large Fresh Mozzarella Ball, sliced ⅛"|
|2 cups||Favorite Tomato Sauce|
1. In large skillet heat frying oil.
2. Combine flour and crumbs together in bowl.
3. Beat eggs in separate bowl.
4. Dredge eggplant slices in egg and then in flour-crumb mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Fry in hot oil until brown, turn and brown other side. Place pieces of cooked eggplant onto flat dish lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
6. In large baking dish, stack eggplant with other ingredients in this order: Eggplant, tomato sauce, mozzarella, spinach, grated cheese then more sauce. Season each layer with salt and pepper, to taste, if desired. Bake at 350 until heated through, about 20 min.