- Servings: 4
|2||Large Chicken Breast Halves, boneless|
|2||Ribs Celery Chopped|
|1||Small Onion, chopped, or 1 to 2 tablespoons dried minced onion|
|Salt & Pepper, to taste|
|6– 9||Lasagna Noodles|
|1 pkg||Frozen Spinach, thawed and squeezed dry|
|6 oz||Fresh Mushrooms, thickly sliced, or 1 4 to 8 ounce can|
|1½ cups||Shredded Cheddar & American Cheese Mixture|
|1 can||"light" Cream of Mushroom Soup|
|1 can||Tomatoes With Green Chiles|
|1 pkg||(1 Ounce) Dry Chicken Gravy Mix|
|¾ cup||Reserved Broth|
1. In a 2-quart saucepan, simmer chicken breasts with celery, onion, thyme, salt, and pepper until tender, about 25 minutes.
2. Remove chicken and let cool; cut in bite-size pieces or shred. Reserve 3/4 cup of broth. Discard remaining broth or freeze to use in another recipe.
3. Break lasagna noodles in half; boil for about 5 to 8 minutes, until just a little flexible. Drain and rinse with cold water for easier handling.
4. In a medium bowl, combine soup, tomatoes, gravy mix, and reserved broth.
5. In a 3 1/2 to 4-quart crock-pot, pour in 3/4 cup of the soup mixture. Place 4 to 6 lasagna noodle halves on top of the soup mixture. Add 1/3 of the spinach, 1/3 of the chicken, 1/3 of the mushrooms, and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Pour another 3/4 cup soup mixture over all.
6. Repeat layers 2 more times, ending with remaining soup mixture. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. If cooked too long, the noodles might become mushy, so check after about 4 1/2 hours.